When racing, the high power output of the Unify PRO is not necessary so Trappy and the guys at TBS made a cheaper version just for the racer!
It can be connected directly to up to 6S of battery-juice and gives 5V output for your camera. It will filter the power and make sure you get clean video, even without being connected to other TBS kit. With a brand new active output power monitor, it ensures you'll always meet the race requirements, while giving you the best possible picture.
- Smallest, lightest video transmitter on the market
- 2-6S input power supported
- 25mW / 200mW power settings
- Ultra-clean transmission (up to 16 pilots at once!)
- PitMode - power up your quad during a race
- Easy OSD, FC and RC channel changes, with fallback button menu
- Robust RF amplifier allows powering up without an antenna for hours!
- Clean powerup and video switching
- *NEW* reinforced u.FL connector
- CE certified
CLEANSWITCH - NEIGHBOUR FRIENDLY
CleanSwitch is a technology developed at TBS that will ensure that your video transmitter is interference-free while powering on, or while changing channels. All current video transmitters swipe across the entire band while being powered on, often resulting in flickering and heavy interference to anyone in the air, regardless of video channel chosen. TBS CleanSwitch will allow you to power on and change channels while your buddies are in the air, without any external interference. CleanSwitch is race friendly, and pilot-friendly ... that's how they like it at TBS :)
PITMODE - MADE TO RACE
Zero interference even while powered up, it's now a possibility! If you've ever repaired a quad during a race, you'll know the frustrations of not being able to power on and test your system. With PitMode, we will reduce the output power to a bare minimum (way below single digit mW's), and move to frequencies unused by race organizers, to allow you to power up your quad and still see the image! You've got a few meters of range to put your quad through its paces before placing it on that starting grid, and in combination with CleanSwitch you can power on as soon as your channel is available without interrupting any of the active channels.
SMARTAUDIO - FULL CONTROL
SmartAudio technology provides UART and I2C control for your entire video transmitter. Parameters such as output power, bands, channels and frequency can be freely controlled.
SmartAudio is now supported by Betaflight (3.1 onwards) enabling remote channel control directly from your radio or OSD without needing a TBS Crossfire, TBS Tango or TBS CORE PRO). Together with CleanSwitch, the sky's the limit ... jump between channels without interfering fellow pilots in the air, create backup-/emergency-frequencies, global VTx power adjustments by race organizers or other clever systems aimed at streamlining and improving race management are now a possibility!
SAY NO! TO DIPSWITCHES
Even though learning binary was a fun mind-game, in practice a single-push-button or OSD-controlled video transmitter is just much easier to operate. Gone are the days of video transmitter cards, stepping on people's channels by mistake, or a mismatch between your goggle and video transmitter frequencies.
- Operating Voltage: 2S - 6S
- Supply current: up to 600mA
- Operating Temperature: watch for normal airflow
- Audio carrier Frequency: 6.5 MHz
- Video Input Impedance: 75 Ohm
- Weight: 7g (with SMA, without antenna)
- Antenna Connector: SMA Female Socket with screw mounting holes
- Video Format: NTSC/PAL
- Output Power: 13dBm (25mW), 23dBm (200mW)
- TBS UNIFY PRO 5G8 HV Video transmitter
- Video Transmitter / Camera / Power cable